Enriching Jetstar

After Ban confirmed which weekends in October he will be busy, I then went ahead to look for cheap air fare for night flight to and from KL. It was close to 10 pm then. The left lense of my spectacles was smeared with ointment I used on my left eye. My eye was swollen and a little painful. Probably due to seeing stuff I shouldn't see :P

Then I saw an air fare of only SGD114 by Jetstar Asia. Wow! It's awesome. I paid for it and gleefully told my honey and also my housemate about it.

Mistake

The next day, I printed out the e-mail confirmation at office. To my horror, the flight is morning flight! Both ways! The time was stated in 24-hour format but somehow my mind inserted the pm in there i.e. 0720 was interpreted by my mind as 7.20pm! To change the flight to night flight would cause me SGD150! Goodness!

In the end, after thinking of a variety of options, I purchased a new ticket from Japan Airlines for SGD144. I tried desperately to give away the Jetstar ticket for free (name change within 24 hours of purchase is free of charge). Spoke with 5 friends. No takers. Gah. Such a waste.

Comments

Legolas said…
Sometimes our minds process things strangely. Usually I triple check before I buy the tickets. Very paranoid about buying the wrong tickets.
William said…
You could have enriched me!!!
MrBunnyBan said…
Pity your housemate can't take that ticket, lol. He was the best candidate.
Elyssa said…
Aiyo..take leave la on Friday..hehe.
Hmm...after 24 hrs of purchasing the tixs, how much do they charge to change names?
savante said…
Not surprising. I'm terrified of buying online as well. Usually print multiple copies to stare at the time and date as well. And you can't take it back after you've clicked the damned button.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Legolas,
I do that too but evidently each time I check, my mind kept thinking it's pm. Maybe I was focusing so much on alternative airfare.

William,
Yah, I much rather do that than to Jetstar ;)

Ban,
Yah lor. Haiz.

Lyssa,
Take leave and do what? Everyone's working. Some more, Sunday morning go back leh. Effectively would have spent only a little over a day with Ban lor.

savante,
It's surprising to me lah because first time happened mah.
Elyssa said…
Tell Ban to take leave too la...then can paktor :P
So what happened to the tickets? If you were to change names now, how much will it cost?
Kris said…
oh wow you got a good deal! (at first haha) the 2nd one is worth it though right? :) I WISH tickets were that cheap to Malaysia from here...
Jaded Jeremy said…
Lyssa,
No lah, shouldn't do that just for mistake. Also, flying off on Sun early morning is a waste any more.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Kris,
Yah, especially Japan Airline. I prefer that airline over Singapore Airline both in terms of service and seats.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant