SOA back to IAAust

I have decided to go back to try qualifying for Fellowship with the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.

After I failed the second time and obtained feedback from Society of Actuaries, I find that the feedback wouldn't help me to learn and improve enough to pass the exam. I acknowledged half of the feedback is valuable but the other half basically said that my answers were incorrect without pointing out the correct answers. Another issue, perhaps a more important one, is that the reviewer seems to impose his/her response as the only acceptable response to certain subjective questions. After I tried to clarify my point of view and hoping to get the reviewer to enlighten me further, he/she basically took a rather arrogant stand by saying that he/she was not there to "debate" with me.

Well, in that case, how would I learn from my mistakes? It is so obvious that some of my answers are incorrect (as otherwise, I wouldn't have failed, right?) and surely it doesn't take USD150 just to tell me where I've gone wrong (in two attempts).

Hence, there is just no point attempting the exam again as I would fail again. Besides, there is a deadline to take it again, which is sometime end of this month. I can pay some money to extend the deadline. Failing that, I would need to redo all over again for this course. If I were to quickly retake the exam, I am almost certain that it would have the same questions again for the same scenario and who want to bet I would pass?

Comments

Anonymous said…
One word - SUCKS!

-Sis
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Yah :(

Sis,
Yah, big time!
MrBunnyBan said…
:(

Pretty worthless feedback indeed.

I fear for your mental health in going through all this. :(
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Thanks for your concern *hugs*

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant