2nd line Cycle 11

Just before start of this cycle, I was informed of two pieces of information that was new to me:
  • the lumps starting to hurt but manageable with the opiod
  • shortness of breath, started a week before (and now only I got to know and that too because I overheard my mum telling my dad to inform the oncologist)
The doctor said the shortness of breath was due to accumulation of chemo drug. As for the numbness, she prescribed Neurobion.

Earlier, my dad said that, unlike previous times, he felt uneasy about this cycle. Fortunately, it turned out to be the best Day 1 of any cycle thus far. This was because he had the company of two other patients. The three of them chatted throughout the session, without napping :) When I came back to pick him up, he looked notably better. I suspect that this was at least partially responsible for his really good sleep that night.

Over the next week, his numbness lessened but the lump's pain getting more frequent i.e. 4 - 5 times a week and up to twice daily. 

A particularly extreme painful incident led me to discover that sometimes dad was not taking Oxynorm as soon as he felt pain, despite many reminders. Hence, the extreme pain. Also, he didn't tell me that his knees were in pain (luckily the PCU doctor asked), which made a lot of sense because about an hour before the pain came, he was using the stationary bicycle. This condition existed for years before the emergence of the cancer. PCU doctor was ok with him taking glucosamine and chondroitin but asked us to tell the orthopaedic about this. She also ordered an X-ray on the knees to be given to the orthopaedic doctors.

Right up to Day 14, pain from various sources slowly subsided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant