Troublesome client

I was given a bomb at work. I was asked to be the main contact person for a particularly troublesome client (i.e. to front for the company). That's on top of a particularly fussy client.

What happened was that after performing certain calculations and submitting to client, my colleague discovered a huge spreadsheet error and promptly recalculate and resubmit to client. By then, client has acted upon the erroneous figures and thus understandably was furious with us.

Now, I'm not sure why the error occured in the first place and it is entirely feasible that it is not my colleague's fault. Probably his only mistake was not to discuss with my boss on how to handle the situation first and I put it down to lack of experience. However, the damage was done and unjustly it may seem the client apparently has lost confidence in my colleague. Hence, my boss's suggestion of me as a replacement but still with my colleagues performing calculations. Just that I have to make sure things are done right.

Although I can see my boss has almost no choice (no one else is more experienced than me besides my boss, whose knowledge dwarves any of us), I'm quite nervous and not particularly pleased with this arrangement because I have already 4 other clients for such service and one of them is that fussy one where we have to tread carefully too as it is a very important client to our company globally.

As a result, I had to check thoroughly the new calculations done and reassured the client that these figures are correct and the error has been detected and corrected properly.

Consequently, I missed my regular yoga class in the evening and attended the one after that. I must be doing something wrong because my back doesn't feel as uncomfortable at the end of the class as compared to other classes. Haiz. In addition, it's so hot! Hope can sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant