Dr. iDevice

Sometime last year, the top right side of Ban's phone started to blacken. It started small but grew gradually to obscure the battery icon. So he decided to get it fixed, in case it became serious. It was quite a good timing too because we were about to go to Australia.

We went to Samsung service centre at One Utama. Waited quite sometime, only to be told that they no longer stock spare parts for that phone. After googling and checking its reviews, I suggested Dr. iDevice to him. 

Lenise, who was manning the outlet in One Utama, was helpful, friendly and professional. She first checked whether they could get hold of the display part. Then she quoted the fee to Ban and explained the process of fixing it. Due to the circumstances at that time, Ban left his phone with them. They called me the next day to collect it as soon as it was fixed.

So, when recently my phone's screen cracked after it dropped onto tarred road (it cracked exactly where the screen protector couldn't protect), I right away thought of Dr. iDevice. I didn't even think of going to Asus service centre. In any case, warranty period is already over and later on I checked that the the nearest service centre was not as convinient as going to One Utama.

Firstly, Lenise offered me option of original and non-original screen replacement, with estimated cost. She explained the difference between them. I chose original. Then she checked for supply and exact cost. Because it was already night, she couldn't confirm whether supplier has existing stock (and hence can be done the next day) or need to order (takes 10-14 days). So the plan was for her to call me as soon as there's stock, which was the next day. Yay!

The next day, we dropped the phone first at the shop before going for dinner. We were told it would take 1 to 2 hours but it actually took only 30 minutes. Once collected, she asked me to test a few functions e.g. audio, speaker, touch screen, fingerprint, camera etc. I'm happy it's working well :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant