Shopee's unnecessary lie

Upon's my sister's suggestion, I purchased a number of items on Shopee for the my unit in Butterworth. All had no issue except for a couple of items from EKS EXPREZ:

(1) 8th Sep:

Purchased items.

(2) 9th Sep:

Status on Shopee showed that seller was preparing to ship the parcel and that the oder was being fulfilled by non-Shopee Supported Logistics. "Your order is likely to arrive in 3-4 days (except digital goods). Otherwise, you may choose to extend Shopee Guarantee or reach out to the seller to inquire about the parcel status."

Incidentally, the option to extend the guarantee was not there even though it was supposed to be discontinued only from 12th Sep 2024.

(3) 13th Sep:

This was the expected delivery date as shown by Shopee but my sister had yet to receive the items in Butterworth. Upon enquiry, the seller showed a screenshot of a logistic timeline that showed that the items were in transit from PJ to Penang.

(4) 16th Sep:

Received email from Shopee asking me whether I had received the parcel or not. "If so, please confirm in Shopee App by 17 Sep and we'll transfer the payment to eksexprez. If we don't hear from you by 17 Sep, payment will be automatically transferred to the seller."

I messaged the seller about the status and stated that if I didn't hear from that by 6pm that day, I would have no choice but to cancel the order and ask for refund. 6pm: nothing from seller and so I asked for refund.

(5) 17th Sep:

Email from Shopee: "The Shopee Return and Refund team has confirmed that the seller has shipped out the product(s) as expected and is still within the expected delivery timeframce."

Nonsense! This is contradicted by the Shopee's expected delivery date as well as the 16th Sep email from them (point (4) above). This also implied that I put in the cancel & refund request in bad faith. Hmph!

The seller was more honest: "sorry for the delay, due to long weekend shipment will delay few days". Shopee could have easily stated this. Why the unnecessary lie and thus implying I was the liar instead?

"If the parcel has not been received within (24/09/2024) 5 working days, you may contact us...or submit a new Refund Request."

(Shopee's agent who handled this case was B-Jay)

(6) 18th Sep:

Delivery status on Shopee changed to "Parcel has been delivered" at 4.05am! Status was also moved from "To Receive" to "Completed" i.e. Shopee automatically released the payment to the seller, without my confirmation whatsoever!

When my sister confirmed that she didn't receive the items and that none was placed at the mailbox area, I contacted the seller again. Fortunately, less than an hour later, my sister received the items. 

This saga finally ended, which happened concurrently with my problem with AIA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant