Cholesterol 2018: Part 4

After delaying it for 1.5 years, I did my annual health screening recently. As usual, the package included lipid profile test. Its result as compared to 4 months ago are as follows:

                              Aug 2018          Dec 2018          Ref. range 
Total cholesterol           4.8                 5.4                  < 5.2
HDL ("good")               1.58              2.01                > 1.03
LDL ("bad")                  2.75              3.09                < 2.58
Triglycerides                 1.02               0.65                < 1.68
Total/HDL ratio            2.75               2.7                  < 5.0

Yes, it has worsened :(

However, my doctor says it was still ok to continue fenofibrate on alternate night. I suspect if this worsens again in a few months time, I may need to take it every night.

Comments

William said…
I am due for a blood test too.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant