O & S Restaurant: Penang Char Kuay Teow

"Very, very close to the real deal in Penang." "Best ckt in Klang Valley." A couple of friends said that (they are a couple). So after finding out that the coffeeshop isn't far, Ban and I made a trip there.

We didn't know it was a public holiday and so there was a long queue outside it. Eeek. Fortunately, it was just the queue for Assam Laksa. There was ample space inside the shop to practice social distancing. The only other queue was inside but on one side of the shop, for the yong taufu.

I got the char kuay teow with duck egg and asked for less noodle, whereas I got Ban duck rice (RM 7.50). Ban said the amount of duck meat was little. Oh well.

As for the char kuay teow (RM 8):


The portion was huge despite the seller repeated my request for less noodle, when I collected it. The taste was quite delicious but it was too oily for me. I highly doubt I would have it again.

Currently, the best char kuay teow for me (duck egg is optional) is the one at Kedai Kopi Lim Teik Seong in Butterworth, costing from RM4.20 to RM 5.00 (something like that, been more than a year since I was there), depending on the size (small, medium, large) and optional duck egg (RM 0.30).

Comments

William said…
Taicho always hunting for a good Penang CKT.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant