Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Bohemia, Leon, 5th Crusade

Right after the previous two wars, I pressed claim on Kingdom of Leon for a vassal which I landed with a county from that multiclaims war, and to press a claim for Kingdom of Bohemia for a new vassal of the newly installed King of Lotharingia (result of the previous war where I pressed claim for a kinsman).

Finished the war for Bohemia first and while the war against Leon was ongoing, a Muslim ruler declared war on  me for a far flung county in Arabia. My instinct was to just forgo that but immediately overtaken by pride :( On hindsight, my instinct was correct.

 

I didn't like the original target of the Crusade: Kingdom of Noregr. I initially wanted to change to Arabia but the ruler there was very powerful. So I settled on Maghreb, paying 200 piety to change it.

I couldn't employ the trick of appointing a dynasty member as a beneficiary such that upon their death, the title goes to my vassal king. Hence, I appointed my son, in the hope that in future I can press a kinsman's/kinswoman's claim to the kingdom. To aid that, I got his daughter's bethrothed matrilineally.

There are three firsts that happened during this Crusade:
(1) For the first time ever, I was offered a choice to abdicate my throne. The offer was made three times for me to join a holy order. Maybe because I became good friend with their Grandmaster during this Crusade?
(2) For the first time ever too, my ruler achieved both the Exalted Among Men and Paragon of Virtue ambitions. Impressive, I would think so.
(3) I later got trait True Christian Knight for the first time ever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant