Ambushed with rules

Recently, we went a short trip to Seremban with my mum. I booked an apartment via Booking.com and as expected, they contacted me via WhatsApp to ask for details and to give instructions. One strange question was where I do come from i.e. which state/city. Why? Even if it's for data collection, how does that help them to improve their business?

More instructions were given on the day of travel e.g. videos and additional info on how to check in and how to get to the correct carpark bay. All were expected. What wasn't expected was the additional rules that came in when we were about half an hour of reaching the destination, such as no birthday party allowed, no alcohol, no pets and couple must be married. Wth! I have no issue with such rules but to only made them known after money had been paid and we were about to reach the place was distasteful to say the least.

When we arrived, I went checking the place for any defect and reported them accordingly. I also noticed that there were snacks, tea and coffee sachets. My mum decided to try the coffee. When I queried them (on WhatsApp) about the Wifi network, I saw that there was yet another rule: those refreshment wasn't free! We were supposed to pay, via the DuitNowQR code that they just sent, before consuming them. The list of prices was also just sent. Goodness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A year of own blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

20 September 2009 (20092009)