Election 9 May 2018

I couldn't vote in the previous general election ("13th GE") because I was having flu and so was unwell to drive back to Seremban to vote. Prior to that, I was working in Singapore and I didn't make the effort to register and vote. This time, however, I made sure I registered early for the 14th GE and later changed my address (from Seremban to PJ) promptly after my parents moved to Butterworth.

Since Ban and I are not morning people, my dad suggested that we try voting during lunch time to, hopefully, minimise the crowd. So we went for lunch at 11am-ish and then went to the nearby school to vote. Oh my, there were many cars parked along the main road and so we didn't attempt at all to park anywhere near the school.

There was a rather huge crowd in queue lines. I was fortunate to be asigned to a much shorter queue and yet that took me a total 1 hour. Ban took about 1hr 35min. Fortunately, we brought umbrellas. So hot! I brought water too and shared some with Ban. After I was done, I waited for Ban at the school canteen while reading a book (glad I brought it along). We vowed to vote early in the morning next time haha.

As all Malaysians know, there were major shocking results. I'm proud to have played a part in this historic moment. Congrats to all Malaysians who gave their darnest effort to vote and a huge thank you to all the good samaritans who helped. Thank you!

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Nobody believe the results! Karma really bites back!
Anonymous said…
Your GE results even made news in our little local papers. Congrats! SR

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant