Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - toughest battle



This is the toughest fight so far for me. The main culprit was the Demon Knight / Assassin, who could hover. So not only could she instakill by using Sabotage on my non-hovering characters, she got another turn each time she killed because of Cleave and then could potentially kill another one immediately because of Boon and using a high-damage ability e.g. Enraged Blow.

As with previous battles where there were enemies that could perform environmental kills due to hover vs non-hover, I tried to position my characters strategically to avoid it. I loath replacing their gears with Hover boots: it would be a downgrade to their stats. However, after having tried like at least 5 times, I gave up and upon Ban's advice, I used those boots but I had only 2 pairs of such boots. Together with Bzaro (Pektite can hover), I had only 3 characters who could hover and so I still had to be very careful.

The effort to dance around and, hopefully, quickly take down the Demon Knight / Assassin was further complicated by the presence of an Overscourge who could cast an area effect spell that had a chance of inflicting a random debuff and the most annoying ones were Charm and Berserk. So instead of Mass Haste, I cast Mass Barrier first. Later on, I read a guide that recommended the counter Evade Magic. That would work too but only a few characters had it. I guess others could use the 2 Amethyst Rings and some Sapphire and Ruby Rings.

I correctly assumed that the rest of the enemies wouldn't pose much problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant