Nearly symmetrial cracked tooth (Part 1)

Normally, when I have sensitive tooth, I'll apply toothpaste specially made for sensitive teeth directly on it for a few minutes, twice a day. It normally takes a few weeks for it to go away.

So I did the same to these pair of teeth: one on the upper left and the other on the upper right, almost symmetrically located. I felt the sensitivity only when brushing and so was willing to be patient to wait for the toothpaste to work.

However, the left one had gotten more sensitive to the point that I felt it when chewing on hot/warm food. So I went to consult Dr Ting at Ting Dental Surgery. Turned out that it had a slight crack 😢 Coincidentally, the right one was the previously cracked tooth.

For the right one, the advice was to monitor. If it worsens, then go for root canal treatment.

As for the left one, crowning was recommended, similar to what was done to the right one. Unlike the previous crowning process, this time I opted for the cheaper metal version, rather than the ceramic version because it would be hidden from view. No need so nice for myself to know lah. Curiously, it was only later when I checked my blog post that I realised this time the fee was more expensive: RM 1000 vs RM 850. Hmmm...if the right opportunity comes up, I may ask why. My best guess now is the position of the tooth: the bottom front tooth was far easier to operate on than this back upper left tooth.

Later that day, I went back for the procedure of getting the various moulds done, the drilling (yikes!) and the fitting of temporary crown. I was so nervous that I went to toilet three times before I was called in. Yes, I waited for nearly an hour!

The procedure itself took an hour. Interestingly, it was only now that I noticed that, unlike Dr Mah at iSmile, Dr Ting didn't get X-ray done to determine the exact position and size of the tooth. I guess that was an optional step.

There were three nervous times: injection of anaesthesia, the initial drilling (a little senstive), and burning smell 😬 Fortunately, things went well. I'll be back in two weeks time to get the permanent crown fitted on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant