District 13 @Aman Suria

After my booster shot, I took the opportunity to suggest to Ban to have early dinner at this newly opened restaurant. There was another restaurant, District 13 Cafe, that was few minutes away, which is now close. Not sure whether they're related but for sure, their exterior are totally different.

I ordered their Smoked Duck Carbonara after reading a review that stated that their carbonara didn't have cream in its sauce: just egg and cheese.

Unlike all other carbonara dishes I had so far in Singapore and Malaysia, this didn't make me feel 'jelak' i.e. it wasn't too rich and I guess what the waiter confirmed was true i.e. there was no cream in it.

Two unusual ingredients in this dish: shredded nori (Japanese seaweed) and shrimp roe. Its bacon bits were unfried, which was unusual. Seems that it needed a tiny bit of salt (which I added later) but to some it might be go well with the salty smoked duck.

Ban had Prawn Aglio Olio, which came with large prawns with shells intake. Yes, another unusual feature.

Overall, we liked the dishes and we think they were worthed the prices. Will definitely eat there again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant