Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Aquitaine, Serbia

The usual technique of landing a claimant and pressing his claim for the kingdom. My first war for a kingdom as Emperor of Slavic Union and that pushed my threat level immediately to just above 50%, triggering an influx of members into defensive pact.

 

My threat level shot up just above 50% right after pressing vassal's claim for the Kingdom of Aquitaine. I knew that would cause an influx of Christian rulers to be members of a defensive pact against me.

My priority was to hold a feast to boost up vassals' opinon of me that had taken a beating.
I checked, as I regularly do, the inheritance warnings and realised that a couple of counties would leave Aquitaine and join Serbia. From there, I discovered that I could press a vassal's claim to Serbia. I thought maybe there would still be time to do so (before the defensive pact kicked in hard) after the feast.

I was wrong :(

I later joined my vassal Croatian's ruler to claim a county from the neighbouring republic. To my dismay, the enemy then called Germany, who turned out to be an ally via marriage, to help them. So that war went longer than expected.

Shortly after I won that war, Serbia warred upon that republic and once again Germany came to help its ally. I then thought that if I warred upon Serbia, to press a vassal's claim to the kingdom, that republic and Germany wouldn't come to their aid despite being in the same defensive pact. I thought of just trying it to see how I could withstand the onslaught of the rest of the Christian defensive pact. At worst, just surrender and lose prestige.

Somewhere along the way, the Pope called for the seventh Crusade, this time for the Kingdom for Arabia.

 

It appeared that France joined the defense late, so that was fortunate for me. It was quite a costly war for me to gain a kingdom with its existing 4 counties. Hopefully it would serve me well in future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant