Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Seventh Crusade, two counties

I didn't particular want Arabia and so was considering changing target of the crusade but shockingly, it seems, there was no other valid target! @@

I also tried to see whether there was any member of my dynasty who was a parent of my vassal king/queen. None.

By chance, as I was scrolling through the list of potential beneficiaries, I stumbled upon my half-sister. She didn't have any children. From memory, I was fairly certain that the default succession law of the kingdom won by crusade was primogeniture. So my best guess was that the title would go to me, as her eldest brother, and either my son or my brother would be the next in line. I went ahead to nominate her. Since I was prepared not to get the title for myself, I would be fine if my guess was wrong.

Fortunately, I was correct :)

 

Since my threat level was high, I had to think deeply before attacking anyone within a defensive pact. Default strategy was to join vassal's war and, of course, to attack those not in defensive pacts but preferable pressing a vasal's claim as the increase in threat level would be significantly lower.

Hence, that was what I did: join Serbia's war on Ragua for a county and press a vassal's ducal claim on a Byzantine's county.

But boy, it was eventful: many wars were declared in the meantime and towards the end, my then ruler passed away. I sort of regretted not standing down armies to declare war to claim Kingdom of Valencia for a vassal, as for a very short period of time, sovereign rulers would leave defensive pacts against me. Then again, might not had been a good idea because my armies were quite spent and also potential levies from vassals were reduced because of their low opinion of my new ruler.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant