Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - 3 to 2, Buggy Crusade, Easy 4

Succeeded in getting Kingdom of Hungary and Noregr. War for Swabia was canceled, probably due to death of claimant. I forgot to check the reason @@

 

I'm Emperor of Prydain and the King of Egypt is my vassal (not of my dynasty) but he doesn't hold any land within Egypt which was controlled by a Muslim ruler. Pope called for crusade for Egypt and his choice of beneficiary was this vassal of mine and so I was pleased. The stance I chose was to let the Pope's choice to get the title.

I contributed the most and once we won, the Pope granted Kingdom of Crusader Egypt to the King of Egypt but I was shocked that this resulted in him becoming independent. Why? I thought that since he was my vassal and he was given a kingdom title i.e. same rank as his and lower than mine, he should had stayed as my vassal.

I posted the above in Paradox Forum and I was told, apparently, that being granted title by crusade would automatically make my vassal independent, regardless of rank although the person said that he's 98% certain that's the case. Wow. I can't get such information from googling.

Before I posted this question in the forum, I had already changed my stance to confer the title to my beneficiary, who is my sister and then, by improving my relationship with the electors, I got my eldest son to be the heir to my empire and kingdom. This matters because my sister is childless and so the next two people in line for her title is me and my eldest son.


Change in ruler means opportunity to declare war on several fronts. All were successfully won quite comfortably :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant