Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Egypt, Cumania, 8th Crusade's experiment

So my ruler's aunt finally passed away at an advanced age of 71 and passing Kingdom of Egypt and Kingdom of Crusader Egypt to him.  I had intended to grant these to a vassal king who was a dynastic member but changed my mind when I noticed that a claimant to Romagna kingdom was married matrillineally a kinswoman and they already had a son. His weak claim can also be inherited by his son. Hence, I granted those two kingdoms to him.

As for Cumania, I was looking through the list of weak claims that I could press and there was a claim on Khanate of Cumania by a kinsman. I decided to press for it since it was a kingdom but boy, its land was so far away! They were also fighting a revolt that was also claiming the kingdom. In order not to leave my kinsman fighting that revolt, I decided not to enforce demand until that war was over. I helped by reversing the gains made by the revolt.

 

For the second consecutive Crusade, the Pope's choice was my vassal but this time that vassal was also of my dynasty.

Previously, I was told by players that a vassal will become indepedent once granted the Crusade title, despite me ranking higher than them. One player, however, said that they will stay if they are are of the same dynasty as mine. Hence, I experimented with this and chose the stance of letting the Pope choose.

Nope, my heir still became independent. So I reloaded and considered possible beneficiaries such that upon their death, the title would go to a vassal king/queen of mine. Only one was avaiable but unreliable because that vassal's kingdom's succession law is Elective Monarchy.

Hence, I chose to take the title for myself, upsetting the Pope a lot. I contributed gold to the Crusade to boost up his opinion of me. I didn't think much about this because my ruler was nearing 70 years old and so ithe Pope's opinion wouldn't matter much longer.

On hindsight, I could have let my heir, the Pope's choice, to take the Crusade title and became independent and then upon my death, he would unite both realms but then again there might be risk that he would lose land without being within my empire.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant