Marriage part 2

Because we decided to have a very simple marriage solemnisation ceremony, there was only a few more things to do once we were in Australia:

  • Met the marriage celebrant to do some paperwork, especially the Declaration of No Impediment.
  • Discussed with Ban and my sister where exactly in the garden the ceremony should be held. Had to make last minute adjustments on that day itself because of the position of the sun (very glaring!).
  • Cleaned up the venue.
  • Determined who takes photograph and who records a video. Thanks to my sister and her family for volunteering for these tasks and taking care of the details :)

Yet, I was a little nervous and anxious right up to that day. I had to occassionally tell myself that it would be alright because very few things could go wrong and even if they did, it would either not matter or quickly solved, all because this was a very simple ceremony.

I'm happy that it did turn out well :) The weather was quite good, though I decided to ditch the jacket because it was very warm. I felt a little more emotional than I expected, mostly happy :)

Thank you to our families for your blessings and also to our friends for your wishes.

Comments

William said…
Would have loved to be there and throw rice at the happy couple

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant