Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - A first for Papacy

Yes, it's the usual opportunity to grab as much land as possible before all those defensive pacts refill. Unfortunately, there was no juicy kingdoms for me to press claim for. I had a spare barony to grant to claimant.

One of the war was a holy war on a duchy from a Muslim leader. I surmised that he wouldn't get much help and I was correct.

I won all the wars. The duchy I granted to a randomly created bishop. I then opted to Free Investiture and appoint him as Antipope. Yes, I'm aiming for the Papacy for the first time ever :)

 

This is it! The war for the Papacy so that my vassal antipope would be my vassal pope.

My default plan was to wait for another handover so that the Pope would leave the defensive pact temporarily upon death of my ruler. However, I noticed that Byzantine was busy with moderately difficult war, the Mongols were facing some resistance to their invasion, two holy orders and a Catholic king came to my aid in defense against a Muslim ruler's attack on me (not serious at all actually) and the Crusade was ongoing (I couldn't participate because the Pope wasn't my head of religion).

Hence, I decided to try attacking now. I was pleasantly surprised that the number of participants who actually sent armies to help the Pope was fewer than expected (my threat level was close to 100%).


I did it! :) It was tedious but not difficult.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant