Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Sardinia and Corsica, Byzantine's throne

When my vassal King of Italy attacked Queen of Sardinia and Corsica for a county, I noticed that I could press claim on the kingdom for a vassal count. I took the chance, seeing that Byzantine Empire and Mongol Empire were embroiled in existing protracted wars. There were still quite a number of sovereign that came to the queen's aid, the biggest of which was the army raised by the merchant republic of Ragusa, who was also in a war against Analfi.

 

This war was even more tedious than the war for Papacy, spending most of my time with negative warscore. I'm surprised the queen surrendered when I was at 23% warscore.

 

I reloaded. Instead of pressing a vassal's claim on Kingdom of Sardinia and Corsica (which left only a few counties), I pressed a kinsman's claim to Byzantine Empire when the empress just started her defense against a revolt for the throne too.

This is another first for me (the first first was setting up Antipope and conquering The Papacy). Yes, I know he would be independent of me since we were of the same rank. Still, it was good to see the Zee Mau dynasty in charge of Byzantine Empire :)

I quickly allied with my kinsman after we won, so that I could help him in staving off the revolt and future revolts. It is then up to him to make sure the title goes to a Zee Mau. Maybe change the succession law?

 

The result after I helped the emperor, a kinsman, in putting down the revolt. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant