Baldur's Gate 3: Bard playthrough

This is my first playthrough, which I finally finished recently after more than 230 hours 😬 (excluding reload). 

My intention is to play all classes and that applies to the companions too. So, in this playthrough, these were the classes:

Me - Lore Bard lvl 12

Lae'zel - Battlemaster Fighter lvl 12

Shadowheart - Tempest Cleric lvl 12

Wyll - Tome Great Old One Warlock lvl 9 + Storm Sorcerer lvl 3

I'm happy with all these classes. They all shone equally bright :)


As for the game itself, I love it although I became impatient towards the end because I wanted to resume my second playthrough to experience other classes. The voice acting was great. For instance, I remember a decision that I made in advance through logical discussion with my hubby but when the time came to make that, I was very moved by a particular character's reaction before and after the decision. It truly moved me.

The game isn't flawless but many of them can be overlooked easily except for one: Act 3 felt much less polished than previous two acts. Bugs are more glaring. There more situations where I had no control over e.g. rolled for something but the outcome was the same regardless, new information obtained that had obvious huge implication about certain NPCs were not incorperated in interactions with them, etc.

On its own, Act 3 is good compared to many other games but is lacking when compared to Act 1 and 2. It's quite clear that Larian needed more time to improve it further but couldn't because, for some reasons, they had to launch the game at a certain point.

Here are the fights against the main bosses:

Ketheric Thorm:

 

Gortash:


Orin


Unfortunately, I messed up the recording of the fights against the Netherbrain :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant