Slay the Spire: Downfall's The Colllector

After I was done with my first Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough, I wanted to play something less time consuming for a little while before resuming my second playthrough. I chose Slay the Spire's expansion, Downfall.

To my pleasant surprise, there was a new locked character, which much later on I found out to be still in Beta. To unlock it, I had to finish a run i.e. beating at least the Act 3 boss with the 7th villain i.e. Snecko. I did that long time ago because I had already unlocked the Ascension level. Oh well, I did it one more time on normal level, just to unlock the new character soonest.

The new character is The Collector. I'm amazed and happy that this is yet another unique character. Key features:

  • There's a separate deck called the Collection. Cards there are Megathereal, which is actually the same as Ethereal. I don't know why they use a different term for it. One card is drawn each turn. It's collected from from fallen enemies provided you have sufficient Essence (3 for each card), which is a different resource (to Gold) that's dropped from enemies too.
  • There's also a separate energy bar called Reserve, which you generate from playing certain cards. The energy here doesn't deplete if you don't use them i.e. it's carried forward. It also doesn't seem to have a maximum limit: I had accumulated 8 energy at one point.
  • There are cards with a feature called Pyre, which is the same as Exhaust. Again, I don't know why they used a different term. Appropriately, there are cards that are unplayable but can be exhausted to gain certain benefit(s).

Here are my latest gameplays, all at Ascension 2:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant