Review of 2016

(1) Financially, 2016 is a bad year. Yes, share prices generally went down but more importantly for me was that dividend yields went down (or so I feel; need to tabulate to know for sure). Missing months of rental income because of great difficulty in getting tenant.

(2) First time took medicine to combat high cholesterol. Soon it'll be again time to have a lipid profile test. Health-wise, generally I'm fine. Had 2 episodes of very bad phlegm+sorethroat+cough. Hope to never to get them again!

(3) Stopped playing Robocraft chiefly because developer kept changing it radically. Yes, I know it's still in Alpha and so it's normal to do so in this stage. That's why I decided to pick it up again once they move to Beta, if they ever do! A couple of my bots were reviewed by a couple of youtubers and they gave positive review :)

(4) The end of Duel of Champions. What a waste, such a shame.

(5) Started playing Atlas Reactor and Overwatch - two completely different games, which I'm still playing.

(6) Damn laptop gave problem again and once again Dell technician disappointed me. I had to solve some related problems myself. Haiz. Hopefully no more problems!

(7) Had planned to move back to SG to save my PR but that was scuttled due to my dad's cancer and rejection of Ban's job application.

(8) Probably the biggest news of 2016 was the surprising find of cancerous cells in my father's kidney that was removed (to get rid of the huge cyst). Hopefully the second review will provide us with good news.

(9) Ban followed me to Butterworth and stayed at my sister's place for the first time with my parents under the same roof after I came out to them. It went rather well (my niece took a liking to Ban :) ) except that Ban felt a little taxing due to the "scheduling".

(10) My parents met Ban's mother and brother for the first time. Went well except that I needed to reprimand my dad for playing Pokemon during dinner!

(11) Managed to finish reading the following books:
  • One Man's View of the World - Lee Kuan Yew
  • The World Affairs Companion - Gerald Segal
  • The perks of being a wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
  • Mom's Cancer - Brian Fies
  • Watchmen - Alam Moore & Dave Gibbons
(12) The passing of my ex-boss. He'll be deeply missed.

I am anxious about 2017. Let's hope it'll be better than I expect, and certainly better than 2016!

Comments

William said…
Didn't know you're on statins.
Twilight Man said…
2016 was my worst year too. Hope 2017 is better and more $$
Happy New Year again to you and Ban.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
You knew lah. You even commented on the blog post before :) I was on it but off after my level was ok.

Twilight Man,
Happy New Year to you too!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant