Return of old habit

During the second appointment, Dr N asked more questions:
  • current mood
  • happy or sad childhood?
  • spent more?
  • latest depression
As a result, there was further cut to Luvox (anti-depressant) and an increase (as planned) in Olanzapine (anti-psychotic). Xanax (anti-anxiety) was maintained in the meantime.

At the start of the session, my mum told Dr N that my dad and I could answer for her so to minimise her "long story" (she can't hear well and/or sometimes doesn't understand the question properly). I couldn't tell whether she was spending more or not but later, my sister affirmed it (to me personally). It seems that (because I cannot recall) my dad hinted to Dr N about this by saying that the fridge was already so full and yet my mum bought more food. I told him that he should tell the truth directly, rather than giving hints.

There were other incidents that recently came to my attention that indicated that she was spending more too e.g. giving strangers red packets @@.

She showed more instances of confusion/being distracted/forgetfulness e.g. leaving water bottle open, boiling water without closing the kettle, drove around for 30 mins, seemingly not knowing where she was going.

Despite telling Dr N that she's eating "alright", lately I realised that she's been eating junk food and fried food more frequently. In fact, for the first time ever, she bought soft drinks. This is something I should "correct" my mum during the next session with Dr N.

I accompanied mum to her appointment with the psychiatrist at the public hospital. Our main objective is to get the results of a recent blood test for Dr N (she wanted one done and was trying to help us save money). Although the psychiatrist was helpful and friendly (she did ask some questions relating to bipolar), a particular nurse was rude and nasty. Haiz.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
It reminds me so much about my late father. They both have very similar issues and new habits that is making me wonder now about aging process. Family friends who are doctors & nurses taught me to play along with my dad instead of correcting him as he was in the deteriorating age when he could not absorb and learn anymore. By giving in to him and guide him, took away all my stress and worries as signs of letting go. Hope I am not confusing. LOL

I wish a Merry Christmas to you and Ban. A better 2018 awaits you!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Twilight Man,
Merry Christmas to you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant