The scariest common illness

I foot out for my own medical bills since I'm not working for a company. Hence, I try not to visit doctor if I can, especially for common illnesses such as runny/blocked nose, sorethroat, headache, diarrhea, fever etc. I'll self-medicate instead. Sometimes I'm tempted to do so for bad sorethroat: it's so discomforting.

However, there is one particular consequential symptom of I'm scared of: sleep disturbance due to cough and/or phelgm accumulation. It is torturous not having enough sleep. Besides feeling exhausted, I generally feel bad not being able to do my routine, what more additional tasks like working on projects and meeting up with family and friends.

By now, I can sort of identify the symptoms that will soon lead to sleep disturbance and I will then visit doctor as soon as possible. Even with that, I can't avoid this phase but at least I'll get a few hours of sleep from the second night onward. Sleeplessness on the first night is unavoidable, unfortunately.

Yes, I'm having this now :(

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I suffered from many sleepless nights during the final months of my parents and had to swallow herbal supplements to lull me to sleep. I was on the verge of depressions.
Happy New Year to you!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Twilight Man,
That's awful :(
Happy New Year to you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant