Crusader Kings II: Bohemia campaign - Carinthia, Maghreb

So, right after this child-king ascended the throne, game told me that Kingdom of Carinthia might leave my realm upon succession. His heir was the King of Nubia and the second in line was the Nubian king's son, who wasn't the heir to Nubia though due to elective succession law.

I thought killing the Nubian king would solve the problem, although it might be temporary, depending on whether his son then became next in lin to inheirt Nubia. But my plot power was only about 60% and the single attempt was botched, angering both father and son.

Then for whatever reasons, the heir to Carinthia was switched the the young Nubian prince. I wasn't sure and so I checked and confirmed this: where a title leaves or comes into the realm depends on the primary title of the successor. So, if the Nubian prince becomes king and then later inherit Carinthia, the latter would leave my realm because Nubia is his primary title.

Hence, the solution, all along, is to kill the young Carinthian king so that the Nubian prince would first be King of Carinthia and thereby making that his primary title. If he later inherits Kingdom of Nubia (not a a guarantee, due to elective succession law), then that kingdom will become part of my realm.

 

The 9th Crusade was called for Maghreb. I scoured and managed to find 3 female dynastic members who were mothers of 3 different vassal kings. I chose my sister, who was the mother of King of Andalusia (&Leon), simply because it made geographical sense.

 

Much later, the Kingdom of Crusader Maghreb and the Kingdom of Maghreb, both won by crusades, folded into my realm.

Crusader Maghreb took a long time: it was granted to my current ruler's grandaunt, who didn't have any children and so her heir was my grandfather and then my father (second in line) but she outlived both of them. Hence, it went to my uncle and finally folded within my realm when it was passed on to his son who was my vassal King of Denmark, which was fortunate because I certainly didn't plan that route!

As for Maghreb, my younger sister, the ruler, died in battle and then it passed on to her son who was my vassal King of Andalusia & Leon. Curiously, upon this inheritance, he immediately switched his primary title to Leon. Interesting. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant