Citibank: Visa -> Mastercard (saga continued)

It didn't end with just one lost card: subsequent two replacement cards were also "returned undelivered". I didn't receive any calls from courier deliveryman. It wasn't in my mailbox. It's a total mystery and frustrating!

I had confirmed with Citibank multiple times my address and I told them that I had no problem receiving cards from them at this address for more than 10 years.

After the second lost card, I requested the card be sent via courier if the previous card was sent via normal mail (the officer didn't answer the question). Yet it was "returned undelivered". I was even provided the DHL tracking number by the customer service officer which showed that delivery attempt was made but failed (why???). 

So, next I requested that the courier deliveryman to call me when they were about to deliver and to call me again when they reached my address. Citibank confirmed that this request was passed on. This time, similar to my experience with the replacement card about a year ago. I received a text message from DHL with a link to their website that had a few functions, including tracking the progress of the delivery. Using the information there, I purposely stayed in to wait for it (I bought lunch, instead of having it outside with Ban). They did call but only when they reached here, not when they were about to delivery.

I still received the "returned undelivered" tex messages from Citibank (four times) after I activated the card I received. 

This is my first time I had a significantly bad experience with Citibank:

  • Canceled my (then) current Visa card without telling me.
  • Didn't answer my question.
  • Didn't pass fully my request to the courier company. If it couldn't be done, then they should at least have told me.
  • This entire "returned undelivered" nonsense!
  • Didn't do anything different to try to get the card to me. It was my request that got it through.

One more infraction, I will highly likely cancel the card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant