Fradulent transactions

For the first time ever, there were unauthorised purchases made using my credit card. Two SGD 500+ transactions, identical amount, from Shopify in Singapore, and one USD 0.43 transaction from Professional Health in US. Neither had I ever transacted with in my life.

Upon reading an SMS from Citibank Singapore, I called them to confirm that those were fraudulent transactions. As a precaution, they had already blocked my credit card while waiting to hear from me.

As a result, that credit card was canceled. While waiting for the dispute resolution to complete, Citibank would provide credit to exactly offset the amount disputed i.e. effectively I wouldn't need to pay this when I pay the next bill. It would take up to 60 days for the dispute to resolve @@

Also, they sent me a new credit card and it arrived a mere two days after I spoke with them! Judging from the date on the DHL packaging, they chose the 1-day delivery. I'm impressed.

Once received, I spent some time updating my credit card details with merchants where I auto-debit their charges to my credit card. Fortunately, everything could be done online with the exception of the GIRO arrangement with Citibank, ironically lol. For that, I will just pay my credit card bill on ad hoc basis via interbank bill payment.

Comments

William said…
Do you have Malaysian credit cards?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
No. I refused to pay that government tax. Also, using SG credit card as indirect means of transferring money.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant