Change in cholesterol management

One day, I was at the pharmacy to restock my cholesterol medicine, fenofibrate:

Pharmacist: You're taking this because your triglycerides level is high?

Me: No. It's my LDL that's high.

Pharmacist: Then why?

Me: When I started taking cholesterol medicine, the GP prescribed atorvastatin. 3 months later, despite the good cholesterol results, he changed it to fenofibrate, citing that it was plant-based and so it was better.

Pharmacist: Best you get a second opinion, now that your LDL is the problem, not triglycerides.


The GP has already retired years ago and so I consulted another GP, showing her my latest two cholesterol test results. Her advice was either
(1) I start on 10mg atorvastatin, or
(2) try without taking medicine for 3 months and retest. She said that based on my lifestyle, my comorbidity risk is low and so it's ok if my total cholesterol and LDL is a little high (as long as it's lower than 6 and 4 respectively).

I'll try (2) once my current medicine runs out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant