SIA false alarm

I wanted to try flying SIA on the way back from Australia. It's actually more expensive that way compared to taking MAS because we had to take another flight back to KL. It was worth it though: the experience was clearly better than I had with MAS the year before, in terms of service, food and entertainment unit. A caveat though: the aircraft was A380, which I'm not sure whether it played a part or not.

However, I had one small complaint:

That was what I got when I tried checking in via its app. I panicked a little. Did the visa requirement changed for Malaysians? No, not according to official websites. Then why? FYI this was about 2 days before the flight itself.

My best guess was that due to our seats situated at the emergency exits. We purchased those seats for the extra leg room. Previously, I had problem getting my boarding pass from MAS via its app. Ban's boarding pass was issued but as for me, I was told to get it from airport check-in counter. Happened twice already and not with any other flights where we didn't seat at the emergency exits.

However, unlike SIA, MAS merely asked me to get my boarding pass on site and further assured me that I had checked in.

My guess was confirmed by the check-in counter staff. Actually, she didn't know the answer either to the bizarre SIA's message. I was the one who brought up my theory and she later confirmed that because she was asked by the sytem to confirm with us that we were ok with seating at the emergency exits. I would have thought they were also supposed to ask whether we would be willing to assist in opening the emergency exit doors when asked by cabin crew.

I don't know why SIA couldn't tailor the message as close to the truth as possible, rather than this alarming one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant