Crusader Kings II: Crusade, Denmark, Mistake, Burial

The Pope declared crusade on Kingdom of Nenetsia and I was interested in getting this kingdom because it was next to my realm, despite not liking that area due to low supply limit. Unfortunately, its leader was captured so early before I could take the lead in the crusade. Damn. Curiously, it was my duke vassal who contributed the most to the crusade and the kingdom went to his nominated beneficiary.

 

I suddenly found out that I had a weak claim on Kingdom of Denmark, and it so happened that the heir to the throne was a child. Hehehe.

So I plotted to murder the then King of Denmark:
(1) Succeeded but they had a change of heir (Agnatic Elective) and he was an adult. Meh. However, the new heir was also a child.
(2) Barely had 100% plot power. Failed and my complicit was made known. Yikes.
(3) Succeeded and the kingdom was then placed under regency. Declared war!

That war went fine, without problem. However, just further than midway, the Polish King died, leaving a child as the next king. I checked the list of claimants and spotted a couple of kinswomen having a weak claim on the kingdom.

So I stood down my armies (who were sieging Denmark) to press claim on Poland but I couldn't find those kinswomen. I thought maybe I waited a day for the game to update but due to lag, that turned into two days. By then, the young Polish King had joined the Christian defensive pact against me. Grrr. The kinswomen still didn't appear when I clicked "Declare war" but there was a kinsman. Damn! I must have had missed it earlier.

 

First encounter with this event. Likely because I now have a Mausoleum Great Work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant