Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - 9th Crusade, 11 wars, Foolish kinsman

This was the first crusade called by the Pope as my vassal. For some reasons, there were no alternative valid targets. I was considering changing it to Vladimir.

Since there was no suitable beneficiary for me to nominate such that upon their death, the kingdom would fold into my realm (through inheritance by an exisiting vassal king/queen), I decided to take the titles for myself. The Pope, as my vassal, couldn't really move against me anyway.

Read the victory text: it's strange that I was the one declaring victory @@

 

Another handover, another opportunity to wage war on multiple fronts. I know I could safely attack 6 rulers but not sure how many more I could reasonably go for. I expected Ragusa and Bulgaria to put up the strongest resistance, which turns out to be true, but their army size was a little smaller than estimated.

So, they all went well. Nothing particularly difficult :)

 

I was in the middle of two wars (not huge) when there was yet again a revolt against my kinsman, the Emperor of Byzantine. He was the third Zee Mau to sit on that throne and yet none of them bothered to change the succession law. Waste all my effort to prop them by defeating their revolting vassals close to 10 times. Arrrggghhh.

I joined his war when he was down by 29% and it worsened to like 54% before I started to reverse it to like less than half of that. So I was bewildered that suddenly it was announced that the revolt was successful. I suspect that my kinsman was captured. Arrggghhh.

So I took the opportunity to wage a successful war on the new emperor to press a vassal duke's claim on a duchy. That emperor died soon after and I then waged war for a county for a vassal on the new emperor.

I am currently plotting to assassinate his heir because the 2nd and 3rd in line are of my dynasty. Unfortunately, she went into hiding. Arrrgghhhh.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant