Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Wasted Crusade, 5 wars, Trebizond

We were wining this comfortably when the King of Vladimir decided to convert to Catholic. Booooo.

 

Since I was perpetually at around 100% threat level, handover time was the best way to gain as much territory as possible.

Note on Byzantine: a few years after this, without my intervention, a Zee Mau became the Emperor of Byzantine, one who was a former emperor. The previous non-Zee Mau emperor died under suspicious circumstances (really, it wasn't my doing) and this Zee Mau kinsman was the most popular choice of heir then (Imperial Elective).

 

I was checking out whether I could press claim for anyone on a kingdom within the two neighbouring empires when I noticed that I can press claim for a number of cousins, from my mother's side, on the Kingdom of Trebizond within the Byzantine Empire. Fortunately I had a spare county to grant one of them (I chose one of the youngest who already had a child).

The Byzantine emperor was busy defending against two of my vassals (just for a barony!) and was losing. Mongols were busy defending against an independence movement. A few Muslim countries were busy too. So despite triggering all defensive pacts (threat level close to 100%, thanks to my vassals haha), significant help (i.e. 5 digit army size) came only from 3 sovereigns: Amalfi, Venice and the Teutonic Order. There were about four others but of much less threat.

My major problem was that I loathed defending my realm in the far flung Kingdom of Cumania and so I never, even in past wars, sent armies to recapture land lost there. Fortunately, at a mere 34% warscore, the Byzantine emperor surrendered. Yay!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant