Tooth: the unsolved mystery

My follow-up appointment with the endodontist was a few days after I came back from Australia. During that period, I realised that the tooth had hardly any discomfort when I applied pressure on it in the morning. I suspected that this was due to absence of mouth guard, which was in the lost baggage.

During the appointment, Dr Bryan Ong asked questions, checked the tooth and took an X-ray of it (just to make sure there wasn't an infection). It all looked good. Moreover, it hardly bothered me any more, except if I pressed it or chew hard food. So I agreed with his advice of just leaving it alone and to get X-ray done yearly.

To my question, he said that the mouth guard wouldn't be the cause of the discomfort as it was internal. Althought that's logical, I wondered whether it was aggrativing the discomfort. I later consulted Dr Ting, my regular dentist, and asked her opinion on whether my mouth guard had become defective or not. She didn't really examine it but instead recommended that I get a new one after learning that the current one is about 10 years old already. I didn't know there's now soft type of mouth guard. Wow, I'm so out of touch haha.

She did, however, asked whether I still grind my teeth or not. I'm not sure. When I was working in Singapore, I know I did that because I caught myself waking up to it. It might not be an issue now ever since I quite working full-time and has much less stress.

So the plan of action is to forgo wearing it and observe whether I wake up with tired/aching jaw. Dr Ting will also check my teeth during my half-yearly check-up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant