Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Byzantine Revolt, assist Rashka & Sweden

I've been keeping an eye on my vassal King of Sweeden and Duke of Rashka who are both warring on the Tsar of Bulgaria, for different claims, in trying to decide whether they needed help. I could only help one of them, since it's the same enemy they warred upon.

I decided to take action when I saw that while the duke was ahead in warscore and had army that could still beat the tsar's army, the king was on the way to giving up his gains because the enemy focused on him. It was logical since the king's remainder army was much smaller.

Then suddenly I noticed that there was a revolt in the Byzantine Empire that just started and that there was a county held by the rebels that I could press for my vassal grand mayor. Incidentally, the rebels wanted to install my son-in-law as the emperor.

Hence, I first declared war on the Byzantine revolt faction and then, after positing my army, asked to join the King of Sweden's war. Since I had the capacity, I also crushed the Byzantine's emperor's army, the biggest then since he hadn't gathered all of them yet, to ensure that the revolt war didn't end before I could finish mine.

I quite quickly achieved 100% warscore against the Tsar of Bulgaria, thanks to existing gains by my king and duke. I wanted to make sure the duke could win and so decided not to enforce demands yet. I chased and crushed the enemy's largest stack and then aimed for their capital.

Soon the Duke of Rashka won his war and so I then enforced demand on the Tsar of Bulgaria.

As for the war on the Byzantine revolt, I extended it a little beyond the 100% warscore to defeat the Byzantine's emperor, as a small favour for my son-in-law who was married matrilineally to my daughter :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant