14th anniversary

We recently celebrated our 14th anniversary. Normally, we would dine at Kinpachi but Ban's mum planned to have her birthday dinner there the next day. Although we didn't mind dining there twice in a row, we decided to have something different: Seremban beef noodle at KBN, followed by souffle at Soufflé Dessert Cafe. We planned to share the souffle, like what we did before, because it is too much for one person. The Seremban beef noodle portion is slightly lighter than the usual meal and hence there will be room for dessert.

As usual, we parked at Starling Mall and we were about to walk out of the mall when I noticed on Google that KBN is close on Wednesday. Gah. Ban suggested a few places in the mall itself. Although he let me decide, I chose his preferred venue i.e. Ramen Hitoyoshi.

We chose ramen dishes that were more expensive than the usual ones we would have when we dine there. Delicious as usual but I think the size of meat shrank substantially.

After dinner, we started walking out of mall but, once again, Google told me that SoufflĂ© Dessert Cafe is also close on Wednesday. Lol. Oh, well.

I googled nearby dessert shops and noticed that Aftermeal had good rating but, judging from the photos, their dessert portion looked huge! They also served drinks and so we went there to check it out. In the end, we shared a bowl of Royal Calamansi Yokan, which was huge (so was the price!):

Ban loved it. I loved it at the start but the bottom bit was a little too sour for me. Also, we didn't see anything that looks like yokan. I prefer My Gracious Kitchen's Honey Aiyu Jelly but Ban prefers this.

Comments

William said…
Happy anniversary! Noticed the new "husband" hashtag.
Twilight Man said…
Happy Anniversary 🥳🥳
Jaded Jeremy said…
Twilight Man,
Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant