Baldur's Gate 3

My wish for a computer game version of D&D 5e came true with the launch of this game. In fact, in general, this game changed certain rules/mechanis that made it better than 5e. The glaring exception is druid's Wild Shape (not elaborating this, not in this post anyway).

I was willing to wait for a sale in future to buy it but Ban surprised me buy gifting me a copy. Muack!

I've been wanting to play a game that Ban would also play at the same time, so that we can chat about it enthusiastically. Unfortunately, he wasn't interested in Dungeon Siege III, which was the last game I completed (4 playthroughs!). Hence, I in turn gifted him a copy of BG3 since I knew he was keen on getting it :)

I decided to choose a class that is absent among the companions (those who are available in Act 1) and going alphabetically, I chose Bard for my first playthrough.

So, currently my party composition consists of a Lore bard, Battlemaster fighter (Laezel), Tempest cleric (Shadowheart, respeced) and Fiend warlock (Wyll). The idea is to take advantage of the extra short provided by the bard's Song of Rest. Every short rest, the bard regains all Bardic Inspiration (from level 5 onward) Battlemaster regains all Superiority dice, cleric regains all Channel Divinity charges and warlock regains both spell slots.

I initially tried to rescue the druid companion as soon as possible because their Wild Shape charges refill every short rest but alas, he still doesn't join party (but stays at my camp) in Act. Moreover, Wild Shape is less desirable here (compared to 5e). Hence, I decided to stick with the cleric and probably choose a druid for my next character in the 2nd playthrough.

Next post I will regale "adventure" in a particular area :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant