Baldur's Gate 3: The Grymforge (mis)adventure

The first neutral/friendly people I met in the Underdark were the "fungus people" at the Myconid colony. They told me of the duegars slaughtering their people, whose leader then gave me the quest of killing the intruders. I also spoke with a gnome who escaped slavery from the duegars, which then started the quest of saving the remaining enslaved gnomes. I was quite pumped up to punish those slavers.

First encounter was with the duegar intruders:

Except for the "end turn" bug, it wasn't much of a problem.

Doing that opened up the next quest by the fungus people's leader: killing the leader of the duegar who, strangely, is a drow. He, the rest of the duegars and the enslaved gnomes were in a seprate area called Grymforge. I needed to take a boat to cross the lake to get there and then this happened:

Judiciously use of a particular arrow made this battle quite easy :)

At this point, I felt great, already having killed quite a number of these slavers.

At dock, these duegars wanted gold from me. Even more reason to kill them:

Then I witnessed one of these duegars shoving a gnome into the lake. When asked whether they killed the gnomes on the floor, they claimed that rocks felled on them. Pfffttt. Die you!

It was much later that my hubby, who took a different approach in this area, told me that these duegars were dumping dead gnomes into the lake. Oooops. Well, they were rude slavers anyway: they kept telling me to go away, followed me for a while to shoo me off* (more on this later). Sheesh

They were also cruel to the animals here and so I helped to free them:

Killed the rest of them here, since it wasn't possible to isolate them. Too bad about aggro-ing the stonemasons on the outside when I was chasing the stragglers.

Then, at last, killed the lonely leader:


It was much later on when I was in a different region, I realised that the the duegars were not shooing me specifically: they just didn't like my warlock's animated zombie 👀 All NPCs behaved that way, so far. Ooops. Well, they were slavers anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant