Red Kettle @Starling Mall

Each time I passed by this restaurant, it was at least half-filled. It had good reviews too. I kept forgetting to try it and so one day when I did remember, I immediately suggested to Ban to dine there. We went there around 6pm, which is our usual dinner time but it's early for many people and so there was no problem in getting seats.

There were quite a number of mains I wanted to try. In the end, I chose smoked salmon, avocado and eggs:


It was delicious and unexpectedly filling. Quite a balanced taste: not too heavy or light. I was pleasantly surprised that there were two eggs.

Ban ordered shakshuka, something that he heard of before (I hadn't):

It was slightly spicy and sour. Not something I like but Ban loved it. Unfortunately, he had mild tummy ache thereafter. We speculated that he needed to take two capsules of multi-enzyme instead of only one when having this dish.

We definitely would dine there again but sparingly because of its price:


It's still worth it and so I recommend that you try it at least once.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I have dined there many times and the food is superb but pricey. I have a customer who goes there weekly to get her medium raw meat fix. RM69 a small plate!!!!!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Twilight Man,
Yes, it is pricey. That's why I plan to dine there only once a while.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant