To share or not to share

wordle of my 2009 facebook status updates

Someone on my gtalk friend's list had the status "Studying for exam". So naturally, I asked him what exam it was. Shockingly, he reacted in a angry manner, lamenting why people kept asking him that. Duh.

Another time, a friend's status indicated she had some problems. I was concern and so asked her about it. I was reprimanded for being a busybody. Duh.

It's unpleasant and grossly unfair to be angry with people who are concerned about you. If you don't wish people to ask you about your status update, don't display them at all. Keep it private.

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
forward dated post?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Yup! Blog as and when I have the inspiration and post-date some of them.
William said…
I have heard this rant from you before.
Elyssa said…
Yeah...same as William, I do recall you complaining about this before. I do agree with you. As for me, each time I update my status anywhere, I will first ask myself whether I want people to know and to ask about it or not? If the answer is NO, then I will not post it.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William, Lyssa,
Yes, I've told both of you this before. I had to check to make sure I hadn't blogged about it yet hehe.
Anonymous said…
Absolutely, if you do not want people to express concern, and/or ask questions, then do not share the issue/problem at all. Such people are teasers, they dangle a carrot, but do not want you to eat it. sr

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant