Rounding warning

About 3 weeks after I lodged a complaint in ezAdu,  I received a call from KPDN officer telling me that they would (or already have done so) give a warning to Nichiya Ramen and asked them to rectify their system. It's a fair action if they had not done this miscalculation previously.

This is the second time I used ezAdu but the first time I received a call. In my first complaint, I stated (and provided the receipt) that the restaurant applied SST on 10% service charge, which is incorrect but somehow they closed the case saying that the eatery applied SST and service charge. Clearly, they misunderstood me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant