Bad timing

Of all the time for me to fall very sick, it has to be today, when any time now there'll be tonnes of work to do and the critical portion to be completed soon after Chinese New Year.

It started with dry throat on Sunday morning. Then worsened to sorethroat that night. Next morning, on Monday, it was so painful I could barely speak. My doctor, who usually refrains from prescribing antibiotics, took one look at my throat and promptly declared that I need to take antibiotics. He was mindful that I cannot tolerate acidic medicine (Curam was particularly acidic to me) and so he prescribed me Tarivid.

As Monday passed by, I realised I have stuffy nose as well. Oh no! I took panadol and at night I added a runny nose tablet and cough syrup. Alas, it didn't help. I didn't sleep throughout the night because of accumulation of phlegm in my mouth that I constantly needed to expunge. It's definitely caused by the stuffy nose because when I lie down, my nose clears but the phlegm accumulates. If I'm sitting/standing upright, my nose gets stuff but the phlegm subsides tremendously.

Feeling fed up and after formulating alternate plans, I woke up just before 6am and reached office at around 7.30am. Did some work for half an hour, packed up laptop and brought it along with me to see the doctor. Doctor prescribed medication for runny nose and cough. Once home, I work a little more before napping.

I do have MC but unfortunately, due to bad timing, I have to do some work, otherwise I may be flooded out this week. In fact, I can get MC for tomorrow too if I need it. At least I do have the company laptop here should it come to that.

Comments

carpe diem said…
You need to drink lots of warm water. Better still with lemon squash but without sugar. You also need plenty of rest. I think it is a viral infection. You probably will be getting muscle and body aches too. No work please. REST n PLENTY OF REST
Jaded Jeremy said…
carpe diem,
Can't take lemon squash. My stomach is sensitive to acidic food. I tried napping twice but both times didn't sleep much because of the phlegm and cough :(
MrBunnyBan said…
Hrm. Knowing you, it's BECAUSE of the extra work in peak season that you fell sick. >.<
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
But I started having it on a Sunday.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant