Cholesterol

In Feb this year, I had a cholesterol test and I wasn't happy with it, especially the borderline ratio of total cholesterol to HDL ("good") cholesterol. Since then, I've been taking oat every morning and exercise more regularly (at least twice a week). Although the frequency of exercise fell short of what I hope so (it's hard to motivate oneself to exercise!), the result of the latest cholesterol test this month bore fruit of my labour:

                                        Feb 2012     Dec 2012     Ref. range
Total cholesterol             5.4               5.5                < 5.2
HDL ("good")                 1.08             1.32              > 1.04
LDL ("bad")                    3.7               3.8                < 2.6
Triglycerides                   1.3               0.8                < 1.7
Total/HDL ratio              5.0               4.2                < 5.0

Although total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol level remain more or less unchanged, there is significant improvement in HDL cholesterol level, triglycerides and total/HDL ratio.

I hope to increase the frequency of exercise and to watch what food I eat more carefully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant