Nuggets from Penang

During my Nov trip to Penang, I came across some really interesting stuff such as the following:

Deepavali 1

Deepavali 2

This Deepavali decoration ("Rangoli") was found at an Econsave store. What attracted me was the sheer size of it and the contrast of bright coloured rice used on a white background (also made with rice). It was unfortunate that a few days later, I saw that its side was slightly disturbed. Humph.

Lady's finger

Long bean

These vegetables (lady's finger and long beans) were found just outside a huge wealthy-looking bungalow near where my sister lives. It was my first time seeing lady's finger plant. Incidentally, that area has many huge multi-storey bungalows. So rich.

Comments

William said…
Such a large kolam, but so lacking in details and colour.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
I guess they were going more for size rather than intricacy.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant