Atlas Reactor Season Finale

Atlas Reactor shut down on 28th June 2019, 3pm Kuala Lumpur time. I don't know the reaasons behind it but most could guess that it wasn't attracting enough funds. It was already dying more than 6 months ago when they stopped providing new stories, freelancers and map.

Its game mechanic was unique and required lots of thinking (mostly on anticipation), unlike some other button-smashing games. I loved it for that but more importantly for its community, who was largely a friendly lot (I did have many players on my blocked list though haha) and the friends I made. I was amazed to learn that it helped some friends through tough times of their lives (depression, eating disorder, self-harming, ptsd, abusive relationship).

Because I was going to visit the dentist and GP the next day, I had planned my last hours of play, and saying goodbyes, on 27th June. Here's the last planned game:



Freelancers level, master skins, favourite skins, favourite mod sets (also recorded on 27th June):



However, I managed to get in a few more hours of play on 28th and it ended with:



I am still keeping in touch with some online friends via Discord and Steam (a couple of them added me on Battle.net too). I doubt there would be another game like Atlas Reactor, not for a long while. Goodbye, AR.

Comments

William said…
Hope there will be a new platform!

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant