An Viet @Paradigm Mall

The first time Ban and I ate at An Viet was at Gurney Plaza in Penang. We met my old-time friend and his boyfriend there.

Years later, An Viet appeared at Paradigm Mall, coincidentally taking over the shoplot that used to be occupied by another Vietnamese restaurant.

A unique feature of An Viet is this: there is no extra charge for ordering more noodle/rice and so they usually advise customers to take the smaller size if they are undecided on which one to choose (there are 3 sizes). Also, they'll make a 10 cents donation to a food programme for each table where all food has been consumed i.e. no leftover.


Their soup is delicate and clear. Definitely not for fans of Seremban Beef Noodle. Admittedly, I prefer heavier flavour but it's nice to have this once a while.


Unlike all other Vietnamese restaurants I've been to in Malaysia, you can have as much add-on vegetables and herbs as you want. Other restaurants always give paltry amount of beansprout and so I'm happy with An Viet for this service.

I saw mint leaves but not basil, which was strange because as far as I'm concerned, it always comes with Vietnamese Beef Noodle. Then Ban spotted this signage:


Ooooohhhhh fresh basil! So where were they?


Just above! Such a novel concept!

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Ikr? I made the mistake of cutting its stem @@

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant