Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Poland

One day I noticed that I could press claim of a courtier for the Duchy of Lesser Poland. I checked that the ruler didn't have many allies and the one I most worried about was my tributary vassal. So I landed that courtier and then declared war.

I lost to him previously and so I was careful to think through many times when considering waging holy war. Heck, previous loss wasn't even a holy war lol. He had many allies.

This time I noticed he was in like 3 wars, one of which was a huge one. I guessed that his allies might not be incline to join in defending him another war and so I declared holy war for the Duchy of Greater Poland.

I was winning the war when he suddenly saw salvation in God and converted to Catholic. Grrrr.

Apparently him turning Catholic didn't mean there was a truce and so I could declare war on him again, just not a holy one.

Thank goodness for my spare baronies (most of my demense had spare empty holdings): I granted one to a claimant of the entire High Chiefdom of Greater Poland. Then I decared war on Greater Poland once again, since he was still deep in a few wars.

As shown in the video, I had it easy at first until I saw their huge stack. I had to employ guerilla tactic, alternating between attacking and retreating to my realm for reinforcement. The last, sneaky, battle netted me the leader himself. Yay!

As a result, I could create Kingdom of Poland but I wouldn't because of the negative opinion from its dukes from desiring the title as this wouldn't be my primary title. I had already fabricated claim to 3 out of 4 counties of the last Polish duchy. I will just declare war to claim all 3.

Status: 43% of Wendish Empire.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant