AIA

I have an AIA's medical insurance policy. While I'm grateful and happy about the seemless process of getting my hospitalisation bill paid (done entirely between the hospital and AIA), I'm frustrated with the process of claiming for pre- and post-hospitalisation medical expenses. Here are the reasons (so far!):

  1. Despite the itemised bill clearly showed that it had been fully paid (there was a line "Less payment"), AIA insisted that I also provided the payment receipt too.

  2. When they wanted additional information from me (e.g. "Clearer image of the bill", "Receipt"), they sent a softcopy letter to me via MyAIA app (claim was submitted via the app) but there was no notification at all that they had done so. I only knew about it when they sent me an SMS, telling me a Reminder letter had been sent. Grrr.

  3.  From the Claim History, due to my good organisational skill, I noticed that a claim (call it Claim B) had disappeared. Upon enquiry, they told me that it had been combined with another claim (Claim A). Claim A was submitted earlier and, from the list of claims, it was already prcocessed and denied and now they had reopened it. Neither the combining nor the reopening had been communicated to me. 

  4. Twice I called their customer service line and twice I was put on hold for about 20 minutes!

  5. Despite having told them over the phone that the date of hospitalisation as stated in their letters was incorrect (the date was 4 months earlier!) and that I was assured that it would be corrected, it was not done so. This could be an issue because claim for pre and post-hospitalisation medical expenses are tied to the hospitalsation date.

  6. When I submitted service request via the app, I received an autoreply email, assigning a unique reference number, which I could use if I wanted to contact them. First problem: there wasn't a copy of the service request I made and a typical person would have forgotten exactly what they requested for in a few days time. Second problem: when I reply to them with that reference number, I was given autoreply with yet another reference number! How stupid is that?

Comments

William said…
Do you have an agent?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Yes but she didn't pick up my call and didn't call me back. I'm thinking of changing
William said…
Dah MIA. Change to KH's friend lo.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant