Weevils at Lotus's Paradigm Mall

Yes, they were in packs of Jasmine Harumas Wangi Rice 5kg. Here's my email to Lotus's:

My friend and I nearly bought a bag of 5 kg rice that has weevil in it.
 
I approached the staff at the self-checkout counter but she just stared at me, asking me what I wanted her to do. I of course wanted it to be put away so that nobody buys it and yet she asked me to just put it back on the shelf, saying that it's not her job and it's the job of the stock worker. Instead of saying it's not her job, it would be better if she had directed me to the correct person or even better, contact her colleague.
 
She then asked me to pass the bag of rice to the personnel at the service counter, who, thankfully, took it away from me and agreed with me that it should not be put back for someone else to purchase.
 
Meanwhile, my friend looked at this brand of rice and discovered that there were many more bags of them with weevils in them. Coincidentally, the stock worker was arranging other bags of rice nearby and so I spoke with her. She was thankful that I highlighted this to her but I noticed that she didn't do anything to prevent the sale of these bags of rice. This contrasts my experience at AEON Big where the worker immediately removed expired bottles of milk once I highlighted them to him.
 
I suggest that proper SOPs are put in place to addres the following:
(1) Make sure each staff knows who can help customers if it's not within their job scope. Ignoring customers' reasonable request (especially when they're trying to help Lotus's!) leaves a bad impression.
(2) Make sure that goods that are unfit for sale are ring fenced e.g. remove them or place sign to indicate that these are not for sale.
 
I hope appropriate measure will be put in place very soon as we hope to continue shopping at Lotus's in future. Thank you for your time

I sent the email at 8.43pm and I was surprised to receive a response at 9.59pm, asking me for the name of rice and my phone number, which I provided. Three days later, I received this:

Thank you for contacting Lotus’s Malaysia.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

In response regarding to your issue. Please accept our sincere apology for the disappointment that this must have caused you. We will ensure to take all measures possible to review and improve our service.

We have forwarded your concerns to the management for their further action on the matter raised. We sincerely hope that the negative experience will not deter you from visiting us. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

A few days later, I received a call from Lotus's service officer at Paradigm Mall. In short, she wanted me to provide her key details so that she could look at CCTV footage of the appropriate time, in case the relevant staff deny it happened. She thanked me for my help and feedback and apologised for the incident.

Comments

William said…
Weevils.... old stock le tu. Life hack if you ever bought a bag of rice with weevils, chuck it in the refrigerator for a few days. Semua mati.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Thanks. Yes, we did that before.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant